WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ModernDayProphets - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ModernDayProphets > Topics

Subject: The Gift of Prophecy
Replies: 6 Views: 582

endtimes 4.03.08 - 06:42am
BThe gift of prophecy is the basic principle on which all the other gifts of the Holy Spirit operate.

The understanding of this gift:

What is prophecy and how does it work? The answer to this question will release us to operate in prophecy. *

endtimes 4.03.08 - 06:48am
The Greek word for prophecy is PROPHETEIA, which literally means:
-Speaking forth the mind and counsel of God
- Proclaiming the thoughts of God
- Speaking forth on behalf of another
- Being a spokesman. *

endtimes 4.03.08 - 06:58am
PROPHECY and FAITH:
2 Cor. 4:13
But since we have the same Spirit of FAITH, according to what is written, I HAVE BELIEVED THEREFORE I SPOKE, we also believe and therefore speak.

As we have seen in Scripture, the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy. (Rev.19:10) The Holy Spirit and God's Word inspire and energize prophecy. What has this got to do with FAITH? The Word of God produces faith. When we are filled with the Word of God we will be an EFFECTIVE SPOKESMAN. *

endtimes 4.03.08 - 07:05am
Prophecy is subject to our faith. This means that we will not speak forth the mind and counsel of God if we, firstly, do not believe that it came from God and, secondly, do not believe what God says.

PROPHECY IS SUBJECT TO THE WORD:
There can be no faith in anything that God has not said. We can never be sure. But if we know that God has said it, WE CAN ALWAYS BE SURE. *

endtimes 4.03.08 - 07:17am
Romans 4:16-21
The faith of Abraham who is the father of us all (as it is written, I have made you a father of many nations), in the precence of Him whom we believed, even God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did... And being fULLY CONVINCED that what He had promised He was also able to perform.

Mark 11:23
For assuradly I say to you, whosoever says to this mountain, be removed and be cast into the sea, and DOES NOT DOUBT IN HIS HEART, but BELIEVES that those things that he says, will come to pass, he will have WHATEVER HE SAYS. *

endtimes 4.03.08 - 07:26am
We are to believe the PROMISES of God and the TESTIMONY of Jesus. We are also to believe that the things we speak according to God's will, will come to pass.
Prophecy is based on words of faith. All God's words achieve what He intends them to - they will not return to Him empty. The reason?
- Faith makes things happen
Faith makes words creative.
Prophecy is faith, that the Word of God you speak will come to pass! *

endtimes 4.03.08 - 07:38am
What is prophecy? God creates, rebukes, He directs, He exhorts - BY SPEAKING FORTH.

GOD'S MOUTHPIECE

Heb 1:1,2
[i]God, who at various times and in different ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son..[/b]

The Church is the Body of Christ and as such is GOD'S MOUTHPIECE in the earth today. In this present day, the Lord Jesus Christ expresses Himself through THE SPIRIT - FILLED and GIFTED CHURCH. *

* ModernDayProphets Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ModernDayProphets

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search